My Harley Davidson Touring Blog

.



Friday 17 September 2010

So, here we are arriving at Abbeville. Straight into a police
roadblock for....a bicycle race. I guess these guys followed us from
Rotterdam. After 15 minutes or so Messeuir in the White car started to
give Le Flic an admirable amount of abuse which, it has to be said,
was taken stoically with a Gallic shug. In the UK, I fear he would
have been liberally sprayed with something pungent and hauled of to
the local nick. Abbéville not particularly interesting but good meal
in the Ibis. Tomorrow, Vingnacourt where H stayed on a school exchange
many years ago. "Have you kept in touch?" I asked. "Nope, haven't
spoken to them for forty years'. Well, that should be a warm and
emotional meeting then...
Following this dubious reunion, we'll make our way to the Poizieres
memorial where I'll try to find my step-uncles inscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment