My Harley Davidson Touring Blog

.



Wednesday 16 June 2010


April 5
With route temperatures ranging from 9c in the UK to 27c in Spain, this trip was going to require a little bit of planning as far as clothes were concerned.
I was taking the Rigg-Pak and also had the bikes saddle-bags so I didn't really see a problem. However, I also had to take a bike cover, suspension-pump and various cable locks and bungees. Once I loaded them into the left hand bag, I then started to think about clothing. Into the right hand bag went my new HD wet weather gear, heavy duty gloves and a couple of old fleeces. Into the main Rigg-Pak, went the following:
- Wash gear
- 4 T-shirts
- 2 Shorts
- 2 Polo's
- 1 Pair jeans
- Deck shoes
- Underwear/socks
- Laptop
- Fleece (to roll the laptop in)
Into the roll bag:
- E-tickets for the Tunnel and the four hotels I'd pre-booked
- Ear plugs
- HOG Breakdown details
- Insurance certificate
- Iphone stuff/cables
- Laptop cables
- Tom-Tom Rider handbook and charger
- Carlo Scala handfree headset cable
In my pockets I'd be taking my wallet, passport, shades and proximity key ring.
With the rain driving down outside and the lounge woodburner roaring to keep heat in the house, it would be wrong for me to suggest that I didn't feel a little trepidation as I headed for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment