My Harley Davidson Touring Blog

.



Monday 7 June 2010


March 18
As previously mentioned, I've been lucky enough to fly with Virgin Atlantic for a while so although we aren't getting up to the front of the plane, I still have access to the Virgin Lounge. The first lounge at Heathrow was nice and intimate but then, as happens, it started to get crowded so the new one was opened a few years back. When on business, there never seems to be enough time to relax and enjoy the place but H, who I've just met up with and I have just turned into kids in a sweet shop. What to do first - drink, eat, hair, massage, play with Nintendo's...?
In the end we have a really good breakfast and I sit back to watch the news with a mucho-loto-caffe-choco-latte thing and H is taken away by a very attractive girl to have his hair blow dried.
My TV watching is briefly disturbed as I become aware of a level of noise and I look up to see Gwyneth Paltrow, her husband, kids and the rest of Coldplay arrive. They are very friendly and Gwyneth is happy to chat to other parents with children and have photo's taken. After that they settle down to their own breakfasts.
Ninety minutes later, the boarding call comes out for us and we make our way to the gate. Although we are travelling Economy, VS have been kind and given us two seats by the door and crew seating. I was really surprised at the good quality of the food and drink and to be honest, it was served quicker and with less fuss than in Upper Class. Fed and watered, we watched a few films and slept. Ten hours later, the massive metropolis that is Los Angeles appeared out of the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment