My Harley Davidson Touring Blog

.



Monday 7 June 2010


March 18
Coming off the ten hour flight, we were pretty pleased that, having grabbed our bags, the hotel shuttle bus was waiting just outside the exit door. We were the last on, so we had a non-stop five minute journey to the Hilton LAX. I first stayed here in the mid-eighties but like a number of ageing Californians, the hotel had a few facelifts since then. As with Virgin, Hilton has been my hotel of choice for many years so as well as getting a couple of rooms on points for the night, Hilton kindly upgraded us to a suite each. However, the bar and restaurant were calling so after a quick shower I met up with H in the bar and we downed a couple of Corona's with a slice in short order. The restaurant was French themed but bless their cotton socks..., as with all American restaurants, it's really just good plain food that they ruin by coating it in something vaguely ethnic. I had a thick, juicy "Fillet Mignon a Parisienne" which, when I pushed the sauce to the side, was as good as any regular Texas Angus beef steak. H went for a catch-of-the-day Swordfish so we split a bottle of Rose between us and after a medicinal brandy to help us sleep, I crashed out, ready to start the real business of the week tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment